5) Artigras- February 18th, 19th, 20th Jupiter’s high scale Art Festival for the whole family. Artigras features hundreds of booths and fine art vendors. 3-day event- est., attendance: 150,000.
6) Meet Me Downtown- March 3rd – 4th The annual Arts and Entertainment Festival in Downtown Boca Raton. This event is produced by the Greater Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce and benefits the Chamber’s “Golden Bell” Education Foundation. Draws a crowd of over 100,000 people and features over 400 artists and crafters, music, entertainment and food.
7) National Ovarian Cancer Coalition –March 25th CBS Radio has sponsored this fundraising walk to raise awareness about Ovarian Cancer for at least the past 3 years. Overnight jock / Production
Director / Assistant Program Director Dick Anderson hosts.
8) American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life – March – June CBS Radio ran live liners to promote the almost weekly relays to raise money for cancer research.
9) Great Strides Walk - Taking Steps to Cure Cystic Fibrosis - April 1st Local fundraising walk to benefit Cystic Fibrosis. Walks were held all over Palm Beach County in April and May. CBS Radio kicked off the walks at the Wellington Landings Middle School.
10) Delray Affair- April 21st, 22nd, 23rd, Held outdoors on Atlantic Ave. in Delray Beach, one of the most popular Arts and Crafts street festival in Palm Beach County. Holds over 600 vendors. CBS Radio is an official sponsor. Delray affair draws approx. 250,000 in 3 days.
11) SunFest- May 4th-7th Florida’s largest music, art and waterfront festival. Held annually in downtown West Palm Beach. SunFest attracts more than 300,000 people in 5 days. CBS Radio is an annual sponsor.
12) CityPlace Blooms –May 19th a partnership between local charities and local florists at the CityPlace outdoor shopping center. Florists built interactive, motorized displays and patrons of the shopping center vote by donating money to the charity tied into the display. All monies raised go to the charity and the display with the most money / votes receives a bonus donation.
13) Supervisor of Elections Voter Registration Campaign -November CBS Radio promoted the importance of voting and planning early to pick up voter registration cards and absentee ballot cards.
14) Independence Day Festivities – On July 3rd, CBS Radio sponsors the baseball game and fireworks display at Roger Dean Stadium, then we sponsor Delray Beach’s July 4th festivities including a street fair, live concert and Grucci Fireworks display overlooking the ocean.